I made this pesto in less than 10 minutes! My family devoured it. It was that good!
(adapted from https://cookieandkate.com/super-kale-pesto-recipe/#tasty-recipes-23531)
The Best Kale Pesto
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 cups packed kale
- 3/4 cup walnuts or pecans (I used pecans)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (I love lemons, so I juiced a whole one)
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Red pepper flakes, optional (if you want to add some kick)
- 1/4-1/2 cup flaxseed oil or extra-virgin olive oil
Instructions: In a food processor, add the peeled garlic cloves, kale, nuts, lemon juice, salt and pepper and blitz for a 10 seconds. Then slowly add the oil while food processor is on. Process until the pesto reaches your desired consistency, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary. (About 1 minute, if you like it smooth). Taste and add more lemon, salt or pepper if necessary. (You can thin out the pesto with more oil, but if you’re serving with pasta, you can also thin it out with reserved pasta cooking water.)
If you give it a try, let me know what you think!