Sometimes you just need a bowl of hot tomato soup. This delicious one is great as a partner to grilled cheese or as a stand alone. It's ready in less than 30 minutes and uses ingredients already found in your pantry!
Thai Tomato Soup
adapted from unknown author
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 1/2 TB fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1- 28oz. can diced tomato, undrained
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. chile paste with garlic (or any chile paste you have)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. coconut milk
- fresh lime
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Add ginger and garlic and saute 2 minutes.
3. Add water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in sugar, chile paste and salt. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Puree soup in blender or in pot with an immersion blender until smooth. (Return to pot if you used a blender).
6. Stir in coconut milk. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, until heated through.
7. Served with a squirt of lime, to taste.