Thai Tomato Soup in Under 30 Minutes!
Try something new with your same-old, same-old pantry items.
Sometimes you just need a bowl of hot tomato soup. This delicious one is great as a partner to grilled cheese or as a stand alone. It's ready in less than 30 minutes and uses ingredients already found in your pantry!
Thai Tomato Soup
adapted from unknown author
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Add ginger and garlic and saute 2 minutes.
3. Add water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in sugar, chile paste and salt. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Puree soup in blender or in pot with an immersion blender until smooth. (Return to pot if you used a blender).
6. Stir in coconut milk. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, until heated through.
7. Served with a squirt of lime, to taste.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!